EQUALITY & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
We all have a duty to protect our the world we live in and Sstutter is no different. This document includes our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion as well as our commitment to the environment. This ranges from broad values and attitudes as well as specific measures to reduce unnecessary waste and improve efficiency. This document is a work in progress and will be updated as new methods of efficiency are discovered and new challenges arise. Our endeavour is to be accountable for the impact of our actions and to be responsible.
Philip Wykes, the director, is responsible for ensuring that the environmental and equality policy is implemented. However, all employees or freelance contractors have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
Equality & Diversity Aims
- We are committed to promoting equality and diversity.
- We will treat everyone with the respect they deserve regardless of their background.
- We will respect individuals in the way they wish to live life and their choices.
- We will seek to be as inclusive as possible.
- Where possible, we will aim to make a disabled persons experience as good as a non-disabled persons.
- We will not discriminate against people.
General Materials & Waste:
- We will minimise the use of paper, and other materials, in the studio.
- Technology, such as cloud storage, will be used to view and distribute documents reducing the need to print.
- Scrap will be used to develop new products gaining maximum use from materials.
- We will buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all materials where possible.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will limit and consider single use plastics and avoid where possible.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- In the event of disposal, we will do so safely and in compliance with local authorities.
Product Suppliers, Materials & Packaging:
- The ethics and values of suppliers to Sstutter will be considered before being used.
- We will favour Local, UK and first world businesses where we can be sure the ethics of a company and child labour issues are diminished.
- Packaging and gift boxes will be either recycled or FSC approved.
- Kite Packaging, who supplies most postage and packing materials has ISO certification and a robust environmental policy
- Tiny Box, who supplies the gift boxes, has certification and a robust environmental policy.
- Lucite, who produce the Perspex, has a robust environmental policy and is manufactured in the UK.
- All materials will be supplied from a sustainable source - verified by the supplier.
- The gift box supplied to the customer is intended to be used long term as storage for the product.
Energy & Water:
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will reduce the need to travel in vehicles unless absolutely necessary.
- We use local suppliers, postal services and shops where we walk to or use public transport.
- We will favour efficient and environmentally friendly services, such as Uber, when using transport.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.